Sunday, December 6, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I never considered myself as classy and snob person. Always hate those snob people who look down on others and their language which is full of belittle. For me, all people are equal and I love every one due fact that my family lost their money during the war time. Plus coming to here make every one equal. It is a new beginning and you had to prove yourself and become better by work, studying and proving yourself.
Until I met Z. She is newcomer Arab Turkish girl married. She just walking poster to regular stereotype of “ certain class ”. Lazy, studied till middle school of course in Middle East. All she thinks of money married to old man for his money doesn’t speak language lazy to learn anything. Her life is about cooking and eating. Cover her head but don’t pray. She always tells me that she lost in her first marriage and this time would never happen again how by taking his money. This marriage is business and she must get as much she can. Her talks about sex, she is so dirty and nasty.
I tried to educate, takes her to library to read Arab papers, books but she hates reading. She lived in slum in her home and now critiqued her friend’s building. I would leave some of her phase” this baby looks like his daddy because the mum enjoyed the sex that day, “ I should eat special food so I can have baby boy I will buy brand new car only but this time I would buy third hand car. Her life is about food, sex, gossiping and lying all time. She is mean to her friend before her enemies. Hurting those who are helping her.
Why she is like that why can’t she be really person. Is she that empty person from inside? “
Thursday, September 24, 2009
My Neighbors in the Building
South Asian women:
1. Have full time jobs
3. Take care of home, kids, work full no help from the husbands
4. Go to school full time.
1. Go to school part time ( kids come first)
2. Mosque is part of daily activities
3. Bi- weekly lessons in the building (Islamic class)
4. Know how to drive, speak, read.
5. Always improving themselves(religion, Education, work)
1. Don't speak the language and don't want to learn
2. Have 5 kids minimum ( way to collect government cheques)
3. Go to the mosques on Eids only
4. Can't buy milk by herself ( going to store is the men jobs)
5. To busy with kids to learn the language
6. live close to her friends( helping each other in reading bills, picking the kids from schools)
7. Every year must visit her countries for this is not our country.
8. Don't spend money on kids(clothes each one wears his brothers)
9. Don't save money for the kid's college.
10. The only store they go is the (.....)clothes
11. Each one calling me from her cell to translate school reports
12. Never attend the Islamic class
13. Talk about new trend here now which trying the Hormone medications so they can have twins instead of giving birth every year. One of them can't speak one word English but she took the medication and now pregnant with twin plus the one she already had. My Syrian is waiting to give birth before she takes the medication. Though she and her husband can't speak the language.
The White Neighbors:
1. Finished school
2. Work full time
3. Not married but common live
4. One baby
6. Always busy(hobbies, gym, parties, long week end plans)
7. Leave home at 8 am come back at 8 pm
8. More relax, carefree, enjoy their life
I don't why they enjoy life maybe their life style (partying, drinking, less kids, less responsible)
That is why we always in back of the world. None of them respect the education, spending their time in gossiping, watching TV(only Arab shows). Never read or listen to the news. Totally depends on their husbands. When we going to wake up?
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I am enjoying the last of the summer or what they called Indian summer (false summer) other racism toward the Indian(first nation) by labeling them liars (false). I enjoyed my regular walk, the two police men were so funny. I found the new Turkish place, the Latino cafe finally the Italian baker since they don't use liquor in their pastry. The winter would come and I will miss my walks. Winter with its grey, sad weather. No where to go expect the malls which are full of germs. Grey, dark, lonely winter days with long cold nights. My only pleasure a cup of hot latte. Going to Tim drinking his strong coffee. Or go back 4 years ago, 3 years from today how was it?
Me without head cover, my long hair, tall doing my small things happy as I am content with the small thing in my life. Find nice cream winter coat from The Bay with 20 % discount that were my simple pleasure. What happen to my life ? why is it that complicated? Why can't be happy any more ? who stole my light from me? Shall take those happy pills? or turn to comfort food? Or move to small town?
Give up, happiness only in death or after life for this life contains only sadness better to accept and take away all these false ideas about enjoying my life.